Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Favorite Song

For this post it is hard for me to pick my favorite song because i like so much different kinds of music so allot of my favorite songs are not really comparable to each other, although if i had to choose just one i think it would have to be "Hurricane" by Bob Dylan. this song was off his first album release in 1976 off the album "Desire".
I think the reason I like this song so much is because it is the music that I grew up with because it is what my parents listened to, and also my first concert that i ever went to was Bob Dylan at the target center with my parents when I was about 9. The reason that I still love this song to this day is because it has a good story to it, that is based off a real event that happened and the song inspired a movie.
It is also interesting to know that the song is about a famous boxer that is wrongly convicted of a crime and in real life Bob Dylan supported him all along and strongly supported a retrial/investigation that eventually freed the the famous boxer.

No comments: